Driving a vehicle is a privilege

Opinion Jun 04, 2012 Flamborough Review

In response to recent letters to the editor that targeted area cyclists, I would like to remind approximately 5 per cent of area drivers that it is their responsibility to pass other vehicles (cyclists) in a safe manner. The other 95 per cent already know and practice the rules of the road.

Driving a vehicle is a privilege and not a right. If you have any doubts, ask Paul Carroll of Brampton, who was convicted of dangerous driving causing death and failure to remain. The cyclist struck and killed from behind on Tremaine Road in Milton was the late Jack Wierzbicki. Mr. Carroll paid the penalty for his actions behind the steering wheel.

Parkside Drive desperately needs a wide, on-road cycling lane from Hwy. 6 to Evans Road. Also, the paved shoulder to Carlisle on Centre Road needs to be finished.

If you agree, contact the city of Hamilton Alternative Transportation Department and your city councillor.

 

Ken Nuttley

Waterdown

Driving a vehicle is a privilege

Opinion Jun 04, 2012 Flamborough Review

In response to recent letters to the editor that targeted area cyclists, I would like to remind approximately 5 per cent of area drivers that it is their responsibility to pass other vehicles (cyclists) in a safe manner. The other 95 per cent already know and practice the rules of the road.

Driving a vehicle is a privilege and not a right. If you have any doubts, ask Paul Carroll of Brampton, who was convicted of dangerous driving causing death and failure to remain. The cyclist struck and killed from behind on Tremaine Road in Milton was the late Jack Wierzbicki. Mr. Carroll paid the penalty for his actions behind the steering wheel.

Parkside Drive desperately needs a wide, on-road cycling lane from Hwy. 6 to Evans Road. Also, the paved shoulder to Carlisle on Centre Road needs to be finished.

If you agree, contact the city of Hamilton Alternative Transportation Department and your city councillor.

 

Ken Nuttley

Waterdown

Driving a vehicle is a privilege

Opinion Jun 04, 2012 Flamborough Review

In response to recent letters to the editor that targeted area cyclists, I would like to remind approximately 5 per cent of area drivers that it is their responsibility to pass other vehicles (cyclists) in a safe manner. The other 95 per cent already know and practice the rules of the road.

Driving a vehicle is a privilege and not a right. If you have any doubts, ask Paul Carroll of Brampton, who was convicted of dangerous driving causing death and failure to remain. The cyclist struck and killed from behind on Tremaine Road in Milton was the late Jack Wierzbicki. Mr. Carroll paid the penalty for his actions behind the steering wheel.

Parkside Drive desperately needs a wide, on-road cycling lane from Hwy. 6 to Evans Road. Also, the paved shoulder to Carlisle on Centre Road needs to be finished.

If you agree, contact the city of Hamilton Alternative Transportation Department and your city councillor.

 

Ken Nuttley

Waterdown